One of the greatest advancements in modern dentistry is the ability for dentists to completely restore a person's smile. Historically, dental outcomes were not always so good for those with missing or severely decayed teeth. Sustaining a bad injury could also leave a person with a great deal of pain, chewing dysfunction, and poor feelings about their self-esteem. Today, however, dentists have an amazing array of tools, materials, and techniques to help people restore the complete form and function of everyone's smile.
What Is Restorative Dentistry?
Simply put, restorative dentistry is when dentists rehabilitate a person's oral health by repairing the teeth, managing disease, and/or restoring the supporting structures of teeth. A person might choose restorative dentistry procedures and treatments to simply enhance the look of their smile, or a dentist may recommend restorative dentistry to relieve dental pain for a patient. There are many different uses and applications of it.
Top Reasons People Choose Restorative Dentistry
- Close space in between the teeth
- Restore healthy bite function
- Conserve a healthy tooth
- Repair severely decayed teeth
- Maintain healthy jawbone structure
- Restore worn or cracked dental treatments
- Tooth replacement
Does My Insurance Cover Restorative Dentistry?
The good news is that many dental insurance plans do cover at least a portion of restorative dentistry, but different categories of restorative dentistry procedures make the amount covered vary greatly. We always recommend double-checking with your insurance company before moving forward with treatment. Also, we're happy to answer any questions you have and make sure you get the most covered by your insurance plan. Don't hesitate to contact us.
Popular Restorative Dentistry Procedures
- Crowns: Dental crowns are a popular cosmetic dentistry and restorative dentistry procedure both. In restorative dentistry, crowns can be used to anchor a bridge, and to protect remaining healthy tooth structure on a damaged or decayed tooth.
- Dentures: This restorative dentistry treatment can be used to restore all lost teeth in an arch, or it can be used to restore several teeth that have been lost in an arch. Dentures and partial dentures help restore chewing, speaking ability, and they can enhance a person's smile and help maintain healthy jaw structure.
- Dental Implants: This restorative dentistry procedure is extremely useful for replacing a missing tooth, or anchoring a bridge. Dental implants are one of our favorite dental procedures to perform, because we love using our artistic, engineering, and dentistry skills do deliver beautiful, healthy dental implants to our patients.
Questions? Ready for a Restorative Dentistry Consultation?
If you'd like to know more about the restorative dentistry options we offer at our Turlock family dental practice, please contact us. You're also welcome to request an appointment if you'd like a restorative dentistry consultation.
Cheers to your brand new smile!